Zucchini Cashew Soup
Soup seems like the perfect meal when the weather turns cooler, and everyone loves their comfort food. But comfort food can also be healthy! This recipe has become a favorite of my husband and I. We discovered this tasty soup when we first went through a 21 day cleanse called The Ultimate Reset. (message me if you have questions about this cleanse) I never thought I would enjoy eating green soup much less putting this combination of foods together! But it’s delicious! The star of this soup recipe is zucchini which is known to have many vitamins such as manganese, vitamin C, fiber, vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, and phosphorus, as well as several B vitamins. In addition to its rich vitamins, it also is known for helping you to lose weight. No, I am not saying that you should only eat zucchini for two weeks to lose weight. But, because it is low in calorie to can eat more without the guilt, as well as feel fuller longer.
There are only a few ingredients to this delicious soup so it is easy to make and stores great so you can enjoy leftovers. Please let me know if you enjoy this recipe in the comments below, and be sure to sign up for my newsletter club for additional healthy recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Zucchini Cashew Soup
Prep time and cook time- 20 minutes
Serves: 2-4 people
3 -4 medium to large zucchini
1/2 cup of raw unsalted cashews (soak in water for 20-30 minutes before adding to soup)
1-2 tsp. BRAGGS Amino Liquids
Himalayan Salt to taste
BRAGGS dry seasoning or Italian Herb blend seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash’s)
- Wash and pat dry zucchini
- Cut your zucchini into big chunks and boil in a large pot on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes. Add salt to water before adding zucchini.
- Allow zucchini to cool.
- In blender- add zucchini, cashews , BRAGGS, Himalayan Salt and seasonings. (you may have to add in batches so it does not run out of blender) Add a little of the zucchini water also.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional seasonings after tasting if desired.
- Transfer blended soup into a pot to heat on stove-top. Heat over medium high heat for 10 minutes stirring frequently. Do not boil.
- Soup can also be served cold.
Serve when ready to eat. Store in an air-tight container. If you are using the 21 day fix meal plan, this is 1-2 greens and 1 blue.