Mint Chocolate Chip Popsicles
Recipe from the Fixate 2
I love trying out the recipes in the newest Fixate 2 cookbook. I especially enjoy trying
out these recipes with my youngest daughter. She loves to bake and cook in the kitchen with me, so this was a fun way to not only fix something together, but it was a yummy treat she could enjoy! This recipe is quick and simple to make in just under 10 minutes, plus it’s much healthier for you and the kids than traditional store bought ice cream! ENJOY!
1 cup reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
3 Tbsp. raw honey
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract; 1/4 tsp. pure peppermint extract
2 Tbsp. chopped bittersweet chocolate (or you can do 4 Tbsp. enjoy life chocolate chips to mix in)
1/2 tsp.extra virgin organic coconut oil (only needed if you drizzle chocolate on top)
Small ice pop mold and 6-8 pop sticks (my mold had 8)
1. Combine yogurt, coconut milk, honey, and extracts in a medium bowl; whisk to blend
2. Fill each ice pop mold evenly with yogurt mixture.
3. Cover ice pop mold: insert an ice pop stick into each pop.
4. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
5. Once the pops set, melt chocolate to drizzle either in a double boiler or in your microwave. Drizzle 1 tsp. of chocolate mixture on each pop. It should set immediately.
NOTE: If you do not have a popsicle mold tray you can use small disposable cups with lids (with straw hole). Insert sticks into straw holes for handle while the pop hardens.
WATCH VIDEO FOR HOW TO DEMONSTRATION
Nutritional Information: (per serving) Calories:88– 1 yellow container on portion fix
Gluten Free and Vegan
Total Fat:3g; Saturated Fat:2g; Cholesterol: 2mg; Carbs:13g Fiber; 0g Sugars:12g Protein: 4g
**please do not feed honey to children under the age of 1 year.