Do your kids love chicken tenders as much as mine do? Here is a quick, simple way to give your kids a healthy version of a meal they will love, and also keep you on track with your healthy lifestyle. I love this recipe because it also goes along nicely with the 21 day fix eating system, plus I know what’s in these chicken tenders!
Homemade Chicken Tenders
Total Time: 35 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Yield: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. raw honey
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
Nonstick cooking spray (or olive oil cooking spray)
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp. water
1 lb. raw chicken breast tenders, skinless
1 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
½ cup finely chopped sliced almonds
1 dash tsp. sea salt
1 dash tsp. ground black pepper
1. Combine honey, mustard, and vinegar in a small bowl; mix well. Chill.
2. Preheat oven to 425° F.
3. Line baking sheet with foil; lightly coat with spray.
4. Combine eggs and water in a medium shallow bowl; whisk to blend.
5. Soak chicken in egg mixture for 30 minutes, turning once; set aside.
6. Combine bread crumbs, almonds, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to combine.
7. Working with a few pieces at a time, lift chicken from egg mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl, and drop into bag containing bread crumb mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat; repeat with remaining chicken.
8.Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until no longer pink in the middle and golden brown.
9. Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.