Chicken Pineapple Quesadillas
Recently I started trying out the home delivery food service, HELLO FRESH. You’ve probably heard of it. And you may have even tried it for yourself.
Many of my clients struggle with:
MEAL PREP, COOKING, and being on such a busy schedule (sound familiar?) so I thought I would give this a try and see how it worked for my family!
After receiving my 3rd box this week, here is what I can honestly tell you about the service.
- The ingredients are SUPER FRESH and taste great!
- The recipes are not too complicated and my family has enjoyed most of the recipes!
- It’s super convenient and I like the way they pack the food to stay cold!
- Their customer service department is amazing! Very helpful and willing to do most anything to keep their customer happy.
- MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE A GOURMET COOK!
Are there any Negatives ???
- You MUST stay on top of pre-ordering your meal choices! You can delay shipments.
- You NEED to make sure you have refrigerator storage space since meals are pre-packaged and divided out by meals (which I actually LOVED-everything is in one convenient bag! But I do have an extra refrigerator!)
- A little on the pricey side at around $97 for family of 4 for 3 meals. But if you work and you are super busy this is a good way for someone else to do the shopping and you enjoy putting the meal together to enjoy as a family!
A COUPON CODE is the BEST WAY TO START! You can get $40 off with your first box when you signup to try it out.
After the first boxes they will give you $20 off coupons for additional boxes. Below is one of the recipes my family and I tested this week! We thought it was delicious and will probably repeat this one for a future family meal!
1 green pepper
1 red onion
1 lb. chicken tender strips
Fixate taco seasoning blend
Plain Greek yogurt
Flour or Ezekiel bread tortillas
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Slice your green pepper and red onion into strips-put about 1 tsp. EVOO in pan and then grill up veggies. Cook Veggies 3-4 minutes.
Add your pineapple to veggie mix (about 1 cup) and lightly brown.
Remove veggie-pineapple mix from pan and cover on a plate. Next add chicken to veggie pan with a drizzle of EVOO, sprinkle with fixate taco seasoning and brown up chicken. Set aside.
Place tortillas on a baking sheet. Spray one side with Coconut or EVOO cooking spray then flip. Add meat and veggie filling -sprinkle with cheese and fold in half. Place baking sheet in oven on LOW BROIL for about 3 minutes or until lightly brown.
Cut and serve. ENJOY!!
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to receive future recipes and tips, JOIN MY NEWSLETTER CLUB. The Newsletter CLUB gives you exclusive access to all my BEST recipes, fitness tips, as well as support from other busy moms just like you!